Sunday, January 13, 2013

Monday the 14th :)

It's so wonderful being here in India :)  I can't believe we haven't even been here a week!
All the girls are so sweet and I have finally memorized their names! Some of the girls are sisters and look similar, so it took me a while! I always felt really bad when they would ask, "Jenny aka! My name?" And I would forget or get their name wrong. But when I would get their name right, their face would light up and they would exclaim, "Yes!" They are all so beautiful and sweet.
The food here is delicious. Most of it is very spicy, but since I love spicy food it looks as though I came to the right place! We always have more than enough to eat, because Jessy is always insisting that we eat more. She is very sweet and hospitable; always making sure our needs are met.
We have been celebrating Pongol, which is an Indian holiday that extends four days before the new year.
 Playing with the kids is always so much fun :) I love seeing their faces light up with laughter and smiles. They are all so sweet, and their English is actually very good! They have been trying to teach us Tamal. I forget half the words as soon as I say them though. Allie is much better at it than I am. In our free time with the girls, we play games outside or sing songs together. Once, we passed out markers and paper and drew with them. They really enjoyed that. They would show us their artwork, and when we complimented them, they would blush and smile really big :) I love being an older sister to 35 Indian girls :)

No comments:

Post a Comment