Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life in India :)

Although we still have a lot of time on our hands, we now have more of a schedule and are able to help out around the place more.

About a week ago, Jessy left for Kerela to stay at the house they are founding there. Two of the sisters went with her and are staying there. She got back a few days later. Now we only have three sisters here, so Allie and I try to help out as best we can wherever we can. It's hard a lot of the time because the sisters are doing things that we can't necessarily help with: a one-person job, or just something we don't know how to do or that only they can do. Slowly but surely however, we have been helping out with more things around the house. We wash dishes a lot and help make food when we can. We help clean and sometimes even help with laundry. They always seems to appreciate our help. It hurts me to see the sisters so tired all the time and us not able to do anything about it. Please pray that the sisters stay healthy and full of energy!

I would always help the fourth grader or the 6th graders with their English, but recently I've been helping the 8th, 9th, and 10th graders with their English too. It's been so fun! :) Some of them have trouble pronouncing words like "sharply" or "world." But even in the past week or so since I've been helping them, they've been getting a lot better :) Every day when it's time to study or eat, I have at least 5 different girls wanting me to sit with them. It makes me feel so loved! :)


I finally feel like I'm of some use to the sisters and the girls! I know a lot of why we came is just to love on the girls and spend time with them, but it's nice to know that I am helping them too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment