Monday, February 4, 2013

Guess what!! :)

I got to pray for one of the girls today!! :) I was on my way up to our room to read my Bible and journal, when I saw one of the 10th grade girls sitting there alone studying. "Studying?" I asked her. She said, "Yes. Studying for exam." She told me that she needed to get 450 out of 500. Her father had come and had been talking to her, scolding and pressuring her to get 450 instead of 400, and she ended up crying. Then, she asked me to pray for her! I was so excited! I sat next to her and prayed a short prayer I hoped she would understand. But when I finished she said, "Your prayer very nice!" So I think, whether she understood everything or not, it still blessed her. And it blessed me SO much! I was so excited she shared that story with me and that I got to pray with her! She is a very sweet, outgoing girl. Many girls try hard in school, but when they don't meet their parents' expectations, the parents get angry with them. It breaks my heart to see any failing in their subjects, but overjoyed to see them succeeding. All the sisters care for the girls and desire for them to do well in their subjects too. If you could pray for the girls, that would be wonderful! Some of them don't understand the test questions, or simply don't understand what they are learning. But I have noticed that the girls' English has improved since we've been here, so that is very exciting :) My day was made being able to pray for that sweet girl. I hope I have many more opportunities to pray and share Jesus' love with the girls while I'm here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment